Spring LAN 2011 ***Discussion***

Announcements relating K-State or KGB.

Moderator: Special Agents

Re: Spring LAN

Postby Xaiver on Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:39 pm

VI=P=IIR wrote:maybe at least add the word party somehow as "old man" darksider mentioned :P  . . . party does still indicate an atmosphere of fun & merriment right?
. . . more so than an 'event' does to me anyway . . .

I concur.
Xaiver
Mac Man

Postby PizzaDaHut67 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:13 am

Ok, my  :twocents

Keep LAN in the title, but right underneath that, add "Gaming Party" (or "event" if you prefer, but I agree with Karunt, "event" makes it sound bleh)
Then add card & board games also welcome.
PizzaDaHut67
High Warlord

Postby iKALEIDOSCOPE on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:28 am

I think I'm just going to keep LAN how it is. Having "LAN" and "Gaming" Event or Party just seems a little redundant. Card and board games are welcome but that's not really the audience we're trying to reach. Thank you everyone for putting in your two cents! :)
iKALEIDOSCOPE

Postby MuadDib on Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:37 am

iKALEIDOSCOPE wrote: Card and board games are welcome but that's not really the audience we're trying to reach.

I think part of the confusion here is that when the name change first was discussed at the beginning of the Fall semester, the "Gaming Event" name was proposed specifically with the intent of attracting individuals who are not LAN gamers (aka card and board gamers).  If that is no longer the intended group then yeh, "LAN" or "LAN Party" seems logical. Image
MuadDib
Scarlet Speedster
Scarlet Speedster

Postby darksider on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:11 pm

with more perspective I can see why 'Gaming Event' was proposed, and I think there is merit to the proposal.  If you want to qualify an event as a 'Gaming Event' then the lan party becomes the activity of the event, and could be listed as such.  Admittedly though, darksider is indeed out of touch, I don't have the insight into what the current demographic of KGB events look like.
darksider
Underground Terrorist

Postby MuadDib on Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:37 pm

On a side note, it is nice to see some of the "old timers" putting forth their :twocents.

Anonymous Source wrote:Old gamers never die, they just smell that way. :mrgreen:
MuadDib
Scarlet Speedster
Scarlet Speedster

Postby PizzaDaHut67 on Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:27 pm

iKALEIDOSCOPE wrote:I think I'm just going to keep LAN how it is. Having "LAN" and "Gaming" Event or Party just seems a little redundant. Card and board games are welcome but that's not really the audience we're trying to reach. Thank you everyone for putting in your two cents! :)

Im perfectly fine with what you think would work, but if it were be Id have both...Any recruit is better then none. Thats just how id do things.

MuadDib wrote:On a side note, it is nice to see some of the "old timers" putting forth their :twocents.

Anonymous Source wrote:Old gamers never die, they just smell that way. :mrgreen:

They don't have to be old to smell!!! Any trip to Quake Con is enough evidence!
PizzaDaHut67
High Warlord

Postby iKALEIDOSCOPE on Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:13 pm

thanks guys! Yeah I think there was some confusion there but I think we have a good idea of possible things to put on the posters to attract new people...board gamers or whatever lol
iKALEIDOSCOPE

Postby PizzaDaHut67 on Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Just a reminder, the next LAN (or whatever it will be called (maybe a meeting to decide?)) is coming up here in a little over two weeks (March 11th) if anyone plans on submitting a poster for a chance to win a case of pop of your choice, then you need to get it uploaded ASAP! Time is short!
PizzaDaHut67
High Warlord

Postby iKALEIDOSCOPE on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:50 am

my submission is already in. Good luck! :)
iKALEIDOSCOPE

Previous

Return to News & Announcements