* Friends
* Consoles
* Board Games
* Computers
PizzaDaHut67
High Warlord

Re: FALL LAN (9/28/2012) ***Discussion***

Postby VI=P=IIR on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:17 pm

It's a free weekend for COD:MW3 - multiplayer on STEAM, consider preloading if you don't already have it from a previous free play weekend ...
VI=P=I2R
(Knowledge is power . . .)
ImageImage

Image Image
VI=P=IIR
Advisor

Re: FALL LAN (9/28/2012) ***Discussion***

Postby MuadDib on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:54 am

Make sure your computer is free from virus and malware infections before you plug into our network.

Antivirus: If you are associated with K-State you have a free copy of TrendMicro at your disposal, otherwise I recommend avast! or AVG.

Malware:  Personally I use Malwarebytes, but I know people still trust Spybot as well.

Justification: You may have noticed we added a few more titles to the list of games that can be played at the LAN.  More games means more holes in the firewall which means a less secure network which means more chances for an infected computer to try to propagate.  Since we are all sharing the same network connection at the LAN, all it takes is one infected computer to be detected on the network and our access to the internet will be shut off, likely permanently. Most of you have not been around long enough to remember that KGB is already using our one and only second chance. Back in the early days of the club our internet connection was downed because someone unknowingly had malware installed on their computer that tried to phone home to a botnet. We were given a second chance, and so far so good. So please do your part by making sure your computer is free from virus and malware infections before you plug into our network.

Thank you for your cooperation,
The Management
MuadDib
Scarlet Speedster
Scarlet Speedster

Return to News & Announcements